Built in 1869 at a cost of $12,000 by Elisha W. Brown. Mr. Brown was the cashier of the Central Missouri Banking and Association located in Sedalia, MO.. On Sep. 20, 1870 Mr. Brown returned to his home about 2:30 in the afternoon, his wife discovered that he was not well, and in less than half an hour he was dead. His malady was pronounced as paralysis of the heart. Mr. Brown was buried on the property.
In 1894, the house and 80 acres was sold to the County of Pettis for $5,000. The farm was to be converted into the county poor farm.
In 1948, the "County Home" became Buena Vista, meaning "Good View". The facility was updated and became the county nursing home running until 1988.
In 1990, the property was purchased at a silent auction by the current owners and was renovated and became an Assisted Living facility for the elderly.
In 2005, we closed the Assisted Living facility and renovated once again trying to restore the charm of the historic home. We restored wood floores, filled the home with antique furnishings, and added period lighting to the main house. We now operate the home as a bed and breakfast.